Happy Pay It Forward Read more [...]
Place Category: Books
Located in one of Sydney’s finest historical landmarks, the Customs House Library spans 3 levels and highlights the building’s contemporary and traditional design features. It houses a collection of more than 50,000 items and is open 7 days a week.
To become a member complete an online application or fill in a form when you next visit. It is free to join if you are a NSW resident.
- Relaxing lounges on the ground and first floors invite you to sit down and absorb the building’s unique atmosphere.
- Beautiful and quiet grand reading room on the second floor.
- Large selection of local and international newspapers and magazines.
- Free wireless internet.
- Public access computers.
- Scanning, printing and photocopying facilities.
- Access to many high quality databases.
- Regular exhibitions and cultural events.
- Collections in Japanese and Korean.
Phone: 02 9242 8575 (hearing impaired people)